- Program Name: Bridging School
Others – short projects
- Program Country: Nepal
- Timeframe: 2013 – Continuous
- Budget: RM 400K
Bridging School Project
The concern for education development in the villages was highlighted during the funders visit in 2014. After intensive brainstorming, sessions, inspiration to start a “Bridging School Project” was mooted out. It is a collaboration with local Universities and Schools to adopt a school in the village areas.
In 2015 we ventured with the first school in Bhiman known as the Hariyali Primary School which was run down, students attendance was low and there were no basic amenities.
Creative Beings Consultancy started the ball rolling by sponsoring the school.
Repairs were done, benches placed in classrooms and white boards were installed. Attendance increased and in 2017 the total number of students increased to 99. The success of this school encouraged us to go further and sponsor more schools.
The aim is to get basic amenities for the schools such as Uniforms, School apparels
A teacher was employed to teach English with the salary being borne by our collaborative partners.
In 2015 British international School in Kuala Lumpur sponsored the Pasupati Primary School in Hatpate, for both Phase 1and 2. Attendance in this school has also increased and there are 90 students now.
Our last visit in April 2017 saw an overwhelming response to the employment of the English Teachers. And to date we have sponsored 5 schools namely:-
- Hariyali Primary Schoool in Bhiman with 99 students and a sponsored English Teacher by Creative Beings Consultancy.
- Pasupati School in Hatpate with 90 students and a sponsored English Teacher by British international School.
- Druba Tara School with 109 students and a sponsored English Teacher by Creative Beings Consultancy.
- Siddhi Vinayak School in Hatpate with 60 students and a sponsored English Teacher by a Funder.
- Janesabhai School is in Phase 1 – there are 40 students and it is in a marginalised area.
Funders have helped us thus far to get the uniforms etc for the students every year and the students are so happy and thrilled.
There is a dire need for more funders to come forward so that we can enhance the Schools and make learning fun.
Each visit to Sindhuli we meet up with the women and give out loans and also monitor the progress of the previous loan beneficiaries.
Impact study is done.
A health talk was given to the women in Nipane and they were very grateful.
- To enable children in remote areas to get free education materials and teaching
- Number of children increased to 90
- Create opportunities for the children to get basic education
- Brought in necessary school equipment and materials to facilitate children in the environment
Phase 1 of Bridging School Project – Hariyali Primary School, Bhiman;
Disbursing School bags, stationery and water bottles to the children
Phase 1 of Bridging School Project – Pasupathi Primary School, Hatpate
• British international School in Kuala Lumpur
• Heifer International Nepal