- Program Name: Women Empowerment
Others – short projects
- Program Country: Nepal
- Timeframe: 2013 – Continuous
- Budget: RM 300K
About Transformation Project
Programs in Nepal started in year 2013 via collaboration with a local NGO called RUWON STAR (Rural Women Network of Nepal) in Nepal. The aim of the partnership was to provide Savings and Credit 0% interest loans to War Widows and Single Mothers under the Poverty Line (Poorest of the poor) to be Independent and Self Sustainable. TECH also extended its support and help for school children to their education need.
There is so much more to do and it is only possible with the help of funders, volunteers and a good back and tummy to go on an 7 hour journey through raw Nepal beauty, landslides, wacky bends, bumpy roads, rivers but when you reach your destination it’s all worth it.
- To transform lives of women headed households to enhance their children’s lives
- To enable children in remote areas to get free education materials and teaching
- Kathmandu Women In Need (WIN) Program
Activities and Experiences
- Interviewed 103 women, house visits, finalization process to select 17 women for the loan.
- The loan was given according to their deep passion and skill set. It is used to buy sewing machine, tailoring materials and equipment, portable cart for selling food and beverage item etc.
- Once they start their business operation, a small weekly amount was collected from them. The collected amount are put in a revolving fund account to help out other women.
- The collection benefits in helping other women and also to create responsibility and sustainability in the given women in their daily business.
A woman’s journey – Anu Tamang
Anu Tamang who lived in the mountains was one candidate that touched our hearts. She was living in a very bad condition and was depressive.TECH able to uplift her life by providing loan and re-locate her to start up a tea stall. She able to send her children to school.